Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Next Big Thing: Blog Hop - March 13, '13

I am participating in a blog hop.  What is a blog hop, you ask?  Well, it's a way for readers to meet new authors!  Aside from me telling about what I plan to publish, you will also get links I will attach below for other authors I would like you to check out.  I would like to extend a thank you to R.E. Hargrave for inviting me to participate!

I have chosen to answer ten questions for this particular hop. 

  1. What's the title of your book?  It is a short story, and it is called 'The Coin.'
  2. Where did the idea come from?  I was seventeen years old when I first wrote this story, and I can tell you that it was purely inspirational.  It was nearing December, and at the time, I liked to buy figurines at a dollar store and make up short christmas stories for them to hand out as gifts to friends and family.  For this particular story, though, I had purchased no figurine or visual aid.  I was watching television when an idea popped into my head.  Sitting down at the computer, I felt words flow through me, and in a matter of hours the story was written.  Now, over ten years later, I'm finally answering the pull to share this story with a much larger audience than my family. 
  3. What genre does your book fall under?  A christian-based Inspirational short story, I would say
  4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?  Oh boy, I'm not really sure!  This was my least favorite question to answer because I don't have one. :-P 
  5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? A young angry teenager who decides that Christ isn't real has an unforgettable vision on Christmas Eve about what it truly means to believe in the son of God, to forgive, and most of all, to love.
  6. Is your book published by an independant publisher?  No, it will be self-published by yours truly in a few month's time.  Release date is yet unknown, though I am hoping to have it ready by May 2013.
  7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?  That was well over ten years ago, but I do believe I wrote it between two and three hours.  When I decided to re-write it for publication purposes, I would say between three to four. It's a short story!
  8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?  Hmm . . . perhaps the Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans?  In the fact that my story and his are geared for Christmas time and have an inspirational message to share about love. 
  9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?  My desire to understand Christ and the atonement and our relationship with Him was an inspiration for me, but again I will state that I feel like this was a story that someone else wanted to tell through my hands.  I never sought out to write this:  it found me instead.
  10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest? I feel this story has a message most anyone can take something from and apply it to themselves in their own life.  Christ's life on earth was a very clear example about love, and that message always bears repeating in however many ways possible.  He wanted us to know that life is about learning, loving, and serving one another. 

I hope that gives you some insight into 'The Coin' and gets you excited to read it soon!  I plan on e-publishing through Amazon.com and Kindle, as well as making it available in physical form to purchase-on-demand through Createspace.  I will keep you informed as soon as possible on when to expect to see this available to buy, but I am hoping that May will be the month!

Below are other authors joining me in this blog hop.  The general assignment for this activity is to showcase five other authors, but as I am still networking and meeting new people, I was only able to find two!  Please visit their site and read their blog hop when they post next Wednesday, March 20th.  Bookmark their sites and keep tabs on them, they are fabulous people with wonderful talent!

1.  Adrian Smith
2.  Raskillian     

1 comment: