Sunday, February 24, 2013

Getting Along


Ah, this picture strikes a chord with me.  I adore it when we as a people are able to look at someone, talk to someone, and find a way to connect, to find things in common, and learn from each other.  We ALL have something to offer the world.  I've known people of different religious beliefs (or no religious beliefs) and I've enjoyed them for who they are.  This is a lesson I have learned to embrace, because I wasn't always like this.  But I have found greater love in my life when I learned to let go of trying to get someone to see my way, and I have just enjoyed them as a friend or passing stranger or neighbor.  I'm not always perfect at this, but I do try.  In fact, I think perfection implies a rather limited perspective, but that's another thought for another time.

So this picture spells out one clear message:  Have an open mind, and an open heart.  There is room in all of us for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment