Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Coming Soon

Could you hear birds chirping during my absence?  I do apologize if they lulled you into a sleep of uninteresting boredom, but I do enjoy nature, and I hated to interrupt the song.

Okay, so I've been a little bit busy and lacking in where I spread my focus and time.  But here I am with an update!

My cover should be done soon for The Coin, courtesy of Go Bold Designs by Cory Clubb.  I would recommend him to those who are looking for a good cover design artist.  I have found him easy to work with - he has an artistic eye that I admire, and his vision for detail has brought my story to life better than I could have anticipated.  Curious to see the cover?  When the last few touches are ready, I will show you! 

There is a lot that goes into publishing a book, more than you would think.  Especially when self-publishing, because the mantle and responsability all falls to me.  This will be my first book, and though I've had a love for reading books, the publishing world is its own beast of burden.  It's been a fun learning process though.  Did I say fun?  Yes, I did.  It's fun, because the knowledge I gain helps arm my story with the tools needed to be shared with the public. 

I anticipate the release of The Coin toward the end of April/early May.  It's nearly here!!!  *takes a moment to whip out a bright, enthusiastic gummy smile while doing a jiggy dance* 

This is an exciting process.  I am on the threshold of putting a lifelong dream into reality.  I feel like this is the right time to be a writer.  The digital age is exploding with possibility, and I'm going to be a part of it. 

When The Coin is ready for purchase, you will be able to find it on Amazon.com, available on the Kindle in ebook format or for physical purchase, either through Amazon or CreateSpace. Details and links to follow when that threshhold approaches. 

2013 is an advantageous year for me.  Writing has always been a passion of mine, a hobby, and being able to call myself a published author feels like one big check to mark off on my bucket list of life goals.  The Coin will be the beginning of other works yet to come, but I feel this story is a pretty great first start!

I would like to leave you with something more than just talk about the soon-to-be-released story of mine, so here is the teaser synopsis for it.  Feel free to leave feedback on your thoughts! 


At times, many of us lose sight of what is truly precious in our life. Fifteen-year-old Tara is no different. On Christmas Eve, a time when many of us reflect on loved ones, service to others, and – most of all – love, Tara has lost sight of these things. Upset and contentious with God and her family, she falls into fitful slumber until she has a dream that changes her entire outlook. This powerful and inspirational story tells of Tara's journey from angry teenager to humble child of God in which she is taught the meaning of love. The Coin's message will touch, uplift, and strengthen even the strongest of faiths.
   

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah,

    I'm so excited for you and the progress you are making with your love for writing. It's been fun reading your blog as well. I love that you talk about writing, as well as inspirational/thought provoking quotes and topics. Keep truckin' on! :)
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete