Wednesday, June 19, 2013

W-w-what?! It's WIPpet Wednesday!

Wow, it is half-way through the week already!  I can't believe it, and yet here it is.  Wednesday has come, reminding me that I have written very little.  Part of that is due to the fact that the hubby and I have just acquired a new bunny in our household.  I thought he was a mini rex, but I'm really not very good at telling breeds, and with a vet visit, I found out he is actually an English Spot. 

In any case, Bubba has been the reason I have distracted myself from writing.  I'm a great animal lover, especially when it comes to bunnies.  I own a lionhead bunny as well. 

Enough of that, though.  On to WIPpet Wednesday.  On this day, June 19, there is a part of me that would love to give you nineteen paragraphs, but seeing as how I'm only at around 15,000 words, I've got to space things out a little. 

What I would like to give today for your viewing pleasure (I hope) is the blurb I am working on.  It just so happens to be ten lines, which fits in perfectly for a math equation about the 19th: 1+9=10.  As always, I welcome your thoughts.  Thanks to My Random Muse for hosting.  If you want to join the WIPpet Wednesday WIPpeteers, simply blog about your current Work In Progress, then link your blog here so everyone can follow!

The series will be titled How You Found Me.  The first book doesn't have a solid sub-title yet, though I'm tossing around some ideas.

.......

Terry Owens has moved to Harper’s Grove with one mission in mind: to join the Defenders and battle against the alien force of Akira and her driving ambition to take over the city. There’s just one problem—becoming one of the Defenders isn’t exactly a position for hire. Determined and optimistic, Terry doesn’t let that insignificant detail stop him from hoping to be the first exception. With that sole purpose in mind, it is why he tries so hard to keep himself from falling for quiet, charming, devilishly handsome James, who just so happens to be the leader of the team—until James starts to show similar interest. It catches both by surprise. After all, neither of them had ever allowed that aspect of their lives to be open for discussion. In the meantime, little does Terry know someone else is eager to make his dream of becoming a Defender come true. With her own devious plans in mind, Akira seeks to give Terry all the power he could ever want—at the cost of his own free will.

.......


Okay, it was 11 lines.  The formatting from one place to another. . . you know how it goes.

When thinking about it, 15,000 words makes this a fledgling story still.  It really isn't much, but considering it is 15,000 words into my third re-write of this current Work-in-Progress, it feels like I am making significant headway.  The reasons for the re-write are due to writing style and plot/character/setting formula.  When I look back at my first draft... *shudders.*  I guess we all feel that way about the first draft, right?  I'm finally heading in the right direction and it's sounding like how I want it to sound, give or take. 

All right, feel free to disregard my loud inner thoughts.  Perhaps this blurb will help shed some enlightenment on the previous pieces I have shared with you, or... maybe it'll just make you curious to read more!  

Mwahaha! >:-)   

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Nice. Tension, suspense, romance, intrigue . . . sounds like a very good blurb to go with a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it does both Sarah - shed some light on those previous extracts and it also makes me want to read more. "Join the defenders and battle against the alien force' was enough to get my interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it :) *rubs hands together gleefully*

      Delete
  3. This is a great blurb! It really shows the characters and the tension without being too long or too revealing.Nice job! Good luck with the rewrite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I want to know more about Akira's devious plans. Poor Terry looks like he's in for a bumpy ride!

    ReplyDelete