Sunday, June 9, 2013

We Are All Human

"Noboday can avoid falling in love.  They might want to deny it, but friendship is probably the most common form of love."  - Stieg Larsson, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest

A warm thank you to all of you wonderful writers who posted your comments last WIPpet Wednesday.  I had plans to visit each of your pages to return the kindness. I got to a few, but not to all.  My goal this upcoming WIPpet Wednesday is to do so. 

I want to give adequate warning that this post may not necessarily be witty or carry a message of inspiration or uplifting thought.  I wish to let you know that I am human. 

That has been a heavy thought to dwell on this week, being human.  It entails all sorts of meaning and opinion.  What I am after, though, is to let you know that among this screen of words lies a person who laughs and jokes and cries and gets upset and shows the rainbow of emotion. 

This week dealt with humanity for me.  It can be so easy to forget how human we all are.  When we don't get along with someone, it can be so hard to realize that inside both opposing parties lies a golden person who is loved and also loves.  That they, too, have the rainbow of emotion that we wish others to see in our own selves.  That we are capable of making mistakes that are worthy of forgiveness, that our actions, ill or positive, won't be etched into one tiny moment of time and branded on our skin as the only definition of who we truly are. 

It is so easy to find the negative.  Social media loves to broadcast it, because we love to find it.  We find it in ourselves, in the environment, in others, in everywhere.  It is a life-long lesson to learn how to find the positive and focus on it, to hold onto it and strengthen ourselves in betterment.  I repeat:  That is a life-long lesson. 

It really should be remembered in each other, that we are all on differing paths toward achieving that.  Some more than others.  Really though, hard as it may be, try just to focus on your own path of life-long betterment.  It's the only path you can control.  It's the only way negativity won't swallow you up and chew you into a thousand more shattered pieces. 

Why am I talking about this?  This might sound abstract, and it might sound vague and out of the blue. 

It is.

Death usually has that affect.  It's abstract, it's out of the blue, and so often times, it isn't expected.  You aren't prepared for it.

I knew someone who died last Sunday, June 2.  He was 74 years of age, he was a coworker, and he was a friend. 

I didn't often let him know the positive impressions he made on me.  I kept those to myself, ever the silent observer, keeping to myself. 

The point of this post isn't to discuss the person that I knew, however.  There are many of us that have experienced the loss of someone dear.  It causes the mind to grapple with life, with its fragility, and with its many varying aspects of negative and positive.  My point today, is to let you know that I knew a very fine human being.  My point is to let you know that I myself, am human.  I witness every day the acts of humanity.  We all do. 

That is a part of why I like writing, because I can explore some of those aspects.  Life is a very unique thing to experience.  There are exciting moments, boring ones, loving ones, scary ones, and so on and so forth.  I enjoy imagining different life experiences. 

This past week I reflected on a real life one.  There is something I wish to take from this small aspect of humanity I witnessed from my coworker:  We are all human.  We have a lot of potential differences.  That's okay.  We are going to get mad at each other.  That's okay.  We are going to love each other.  That's okay.  We are going to do something that causes someone else sorrow.  It may not feel okay, but that's still okay. 

What we need to come together and do, is try to understand that we are all human.  If we could learn to understand that we all feel similar emotions, maybe we could be quicker to forgive, quicker to understand, quicker to let go, quicker to love, quicker to see that differences don't have to equate themselves to negativity, quicker to. . . *fill in the blank.*  I think you see where I'm getting at. 

I may get mad at someone tomorrow.  What I hope to do, is to let go of that anger quickly.  I hope to view that person as someone who still loves, who is loved, and has goodness inside.  I hope not to brand someone by one moment of time that didn't set well with me. 

I saw my coworker do that.  It is my life-long lesson to figure out how he figured it out.

Stay tuned for WIPpet Wednesday, where I promise for something lighter and less heavier than the very puzzling aspect that makes up humanity. ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment